Zeenia Junkeer is a board certified Naturopathic Physician working in Morne Rouge Haiti
providing care to reduce fetal, neonatal, child and maternal death rates.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Beaverton Clinic and NWB news

I am happy to announce that I have finally opened my private practice, seeing patients about a block away from my Beaverton High School (my alma mater) which is conveniently located near downtown Beaverton. I am hopeful this central location will make it easier to access for those who live in the nearby vicinity which has historically been known to be a lower resource area than other parts of Beaverton. There are some projects in the works to do outreach to the community and create sliding scale and income based payment plans so care can be offered to all.  I am in an amazing office space shared with another N.D., a dietician, a massage therapist and a chiropractor. It's been a fun journey to finding this space and meeting many wonderful practitioners along the way though this fit seems really great and I hope to maintain this space long term...while I travel to and from Haiti with NWB ;)
Beaverton Natural Medicine and Wellness Center
12750 SW 2nd Street, Suite 203
Beaverton, OR 97005

One of the treatment rooms


I have super been busy this month creating my website http://www.drzeeniajunkeer.com/ (which I would like to say, I did totally by myself and I couldn't be happier with it as a first effort!) creating business cards, working on a logo and branding as well as trying to not contain my excitement that NWB has won our FIRST GRANT!! It is a grant to initiate and run a monthly publication called Naturopathic Global Health Review and it will be a tool for medical professionals to easily access information on Naturopathic medicine and Global Health intersect and overlap; a tool to track research being done and following the work of those who are working to support and empower at-risk and low resource communities. It's really exciting and our grant writer told me, "usually you have to kiss more frogs" when it comes to new non-profits winning grants which makes me feel even more thankful for this opportunity. I am hopeful this will be the beginning of a successful next year for NWB and our projects in the US and abroad.

>
 

2 comments:

Dave James said...

Awesome!

Unknown said...

Hi, Dr Z! How's the clinic going? It looks nice, by the way; very homey and comfortable. Are you complete with the right equipment? I wish you were; practitioners would perform better when needed tools are adequate.

(Cami Hood @ PhoenixDeventures.com )